Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Of mammals and fears[my fears]

Its small, its furry, its cute..

But in the next 120 minutes, its road kill.

We had a lab session for anatomy where we were going to ‘cut open’ a mouse for us to ‘learn the body systems’. Well, there certainly was learning, all of it was about the cutting. At first we were very careful not to spill any blood as not to give the alive-yet-unconscious mice a hemorrhage. But then I think we burst ‘his’ subclavian vein or sumtin, and all hell broke loose. It was cut, it was torn, it was mutilated, it was separated from organ to organ, and above all, it was GROSS yet somehow enjoyable [at least for us]

I was supposed to be unable to take a life. Technically I didn’t. I think the mice died of trauma. It woke in the middle of the ‘surgery’ and scared himself to death looking at his genitals being pulled and removed. By the time half his skin was of, I was not afraid. Although it still sent me screaming when they tried to cut its pencil-thick tail. Well, who wouldn’t?

There is a bunch of the mice’s pic on facebook. It’s a memoir of those that served for the future of the country…

No comments:

Post a Comment